Southern Cryonics is a non-profit organisation formed to build and operate Australia’s first cryonic storage facility.
- To promote and make widely available scientifically-based cryogenic suspension as a credible option for life extension.
- Provide a professional ‘one stop’ service to make cryogenic suspension affordable and readily available in Australia
- Create a positive consumer awareness for scientifically-based cryogenic suspension
- Promote scientific research into cryogenic suspension, revival, and life extension
Southern Cryonics will operate throughout all states and territories of Australia including Tasmania.
- Incorporated as not-for-profit company in NSW on 15 May 2012, as Stasis Systems Australia
- Gathered a group of ten initial investors
- Searched for a suitable site to build the facility
- Decided to operate the facility under the name “Southern Cryonics”
- Bought land in Holbrook, a regional NSW town, in May 2016
- Developed detailed construction plans and sought quotes in Q1 2017
- The quotes were significantly more expensive than our best advice predicted
- Reassessed requirements in 2017 and developed revised plans
- Implemented in 2018 standby (at hospital bed in Australia) and transportation to US facilities or Southern Cryonics (when opened) through sister organisation CryoPath
- Through 2018 worked on updated Plan to ensure we have viable facility
- Planned for 2019 to increase membership from current 12 to 16 before start major work
- As of February 2020 have 27 Founding Members, up from 12 in late 2018
- Facility built in early 2020
- As of 2022 had 35 Founding and Full memberships. Founding and Full Memberships closed off in later 2022
- Facility equipped during 2020 to 2022, although many delays due to Covid related issues
- Facility opened in early February 2023
- Now accepting Subscribers/Associate Members
If you would like to be part of this venture please get involved, and if you would like more information, contact us.